In a video released by his son, Folarin, Chief Obey assured the general public of his wellbeing. In the video, the music star said,
"I give thanks to God Almighty. I am hale and hearty. There is nothing wrong with me. God has taken the glory.”
In another statement released by another of the Chief Obey's sons, Tolu, he revealed that his father had traveled from Abeokuta shortly before the rumour started. He said:
"Nothing is wrong with my father. He is hale and hearty. He left Abeokuta for Lagos on Friday (July 3, 2020). Rumours about his death are wicked and unfounded. My father is enjoying himself in Christ. Those spreading the said news are probably looking for ways to attract people to their websites. We have nothing against them than to pray for them. But as for my father, he is doing well. He is not even sick.”
Also countering the news of his rumoured death, the Juju legend through his personal assistant Odubaku said he is hale and hearty.
“People have been calling me to confirm if I am dead or alive but I want to assure you I’m alive. The news is false” he was quoted by Odunbaku.
Recall that Last weekend, different social media and blogs were filled with false reports that veteran Nigerian musician and renowned evangelist Chief Ebenezer Obey-Fabiyi had died in London.

0 Comments
Disclaimer: The comments expressed by readers are in no way the opinion of Gist Spin.